Ah!!! I am on cloud nine! For any of you who follow my blog, near the beginning of its creation I published a post entitled, "Fulfilling my dreams." It was all about my dream and desire to learn Spanish and to serve a LDS mission. And I am happy to say, that as of October 6th, near 10:10 AM, one of my dreams came true. In essence, a prayer was answered.
I love General Conference and the opportunity it brings for me to gather with my family and hear God speak to each of us individually through his seers. It's a great time for me to do personal inventory as well as have individual questions answered. This particular conference I was feeling guilty due to lack of preparation to come to conference with questions. I was blaming it on how much I work. Which really, is no excuse. So five minutes before conference started, I gave a silent prayer asking my Heavenly Father to guide me as to what I am to be doing right now in my life. I have been feeling so lost. A little background, I went to BYU-Idaho for my first year of college and learned a lot. Both spiritually and educationally. However, things did not go as planned. Before going, I planned on getting a 4 year education in their Business program. When I got there, plans were slowly changed, due to many reasons, most of them unknown. I came back home for my fall break feeling lost and I will be honest, frustrated. I kept praying for guidance and one day while studying my scriptures I came upon this section that spoke volumes to me.
5 Behold, blessed are you for this thing,
and for speaking my words which I have given you according to my commandments.
6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the
thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to adeclare brepentance unto
this people, that you may bring csouls unto
me, that you may drest with
them in the ekingdom of
my fFather.
Amen. (D&C Section 15)
At this point in time I thought, a mission, I am to prepare for a mission. This has always been a life time goal but being led to this section made me feel like it was possible. So I took the steps towards it. One of the ways, by saving and working two jobs in order to pay for one in the future. I currently have those two jobs and have often thought to myself, what am I doing? I work so much I have no social life, what will I do with this money if a mission isn't in my future? Buy a car? These questions were ones I came across many times.
These questions were answered in conference. I now know why I felt so confused this fall and while attending my first year of school. I was suppose too. I am pleased to say that
President Thomas Monson announced in the October 2012
Saturday morning session that the mission age for a young man is now 18 and a
young woman 19. Tears streamed down my face as I felt the spirit testify
to me what I am to be doing right now and why the last few months have been the
way they have been. I can serve a mission! NOW! I am going to serve a
mission :) :) I feel no longer confused and directionless but have a plan and
one that God has confirmed is for me at this time.
What was your reaction to the big news our prophet announced? Any advice for me as I continue in preparation to serve as a full-time missionary?
I love this Gospel. It is what brings me true happiness and peace. I know our Savior lives and that he atoned for the sins of the world to make it possible to live with him and God again. I know that Joseph Smith restored this true church and translated the Book of Mormon for the purpose of our day. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and leads and guides us in this ever quickening wicked world. I know that God is aware of me and of all of his children. He loves mes. He knows what I needed and I what I desired. I will go where he wants me to go. I will do what he wants me to do and I will say what he wants me to say because I love him and want to serve him with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment