Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Called to Serve
I'm embarrassed that I haven't about this sooner but I find myself sick today and have slowed down enough to write. I am so happy to say that I got my mission call on December 19th. Seriously, the best Christmas present I could ask for. A dream has literally come true at the privilege to serve my Heavenly Father and the people of Canada. That's right. I'm going to Canada! Pretty cool ay? ;) I will serve in the Canada Calgary mission, Spanish speaking and I leave March 13th. You might say Spanish speaking? Yeah, it seems pretty strange when Canada's primary language is English and secondqry French, but I think it is a tender mercy from the Lord to me. As you all know from previous posts my desire to learn Spanish. I feel so blessed and loved through this process. The support from family and friends has been priceless. The love and support I have also felt from my Heavenly Father is one I wish everyone could experience. It is my hope to share that love to everyone I encounter while on my mission. Here's a video of me opening my call. Ignore the waterworks ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That was fun to watch. Thanks for posting it :o)
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy for you.